Selective pulmonary vasodilator for the treatment of neonates.
or more information
KINOX™ is Air Liquide Healthcare's inhaled nitric oxide, specially developed as a selective pulmonary vasodilator for the treatment of neonates.
KINOX™ is a selective pulmonary vasodilator developed by the Air Liquide Healthcare group and characterized by:
- A rapid and reversible action1
- A selective vasodilator which redistributes pulmonary blood flow1
- Reduces the oxygenation index (OI) and increases PaO21
- Absence of systemic effect2
- Reduction in the shunt effect (V/Q) by acting only on ventilated
In persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn, inhaled nitric
oxide has been proven to:
- Improve arterial oxygenation and shorten duration of mechanical ventilation and stay in ICU (Franco-Belgium collaborative NO Trial)3
- Reduce the incidence of the initiation of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)4,5 without increasing the incidence of adverse outcomes at 1 year of age6
KINOX™ is indicated, in conjunction with ventilator support and other appropriate agents, for the treatment of:
- Newborn infants ≥ 34 weeks gestation with hypoxic respiratory failure associated with clinical or echocardiographic evidence of pulmonary hypertension, in order to improve oxygenation and to reduce the need for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
SoKINOX™ is designed to bring easy-to-use inhaled nitric oxide to the next level:
Universal: Functions with most ventilation modes, for all types of patients, thanks to its reliable flow sensor.
Intuitive and controlled: The large touchscreen provides clear and organized information, making the device intuitive and controlled through the alarms which are in place.
Compact: Its compact design includes a hand-bagging KINOX™ administration system in case of emergency, transfer, or alveolar recruitment.
Continuity: Connected to 2 cylinders with an automatic switch to guarantee treatment continuity.
|Substance name:||Nitric oxide|
|Synonyms:||Nitric oxide / Nitrogen oxide / Nitrogen monoxide / Nitrosyl radical / NO / iNO / Amidogen / Oxo / Kinox|
|Name||Product identifier||%||Classification (GHS-CA)|
|Nitric Oxide (Compressed) (Main constituent||(CAS No) 10102-43-9||> 99.9||Ox. Gas 1, H270 Press. Gas (Comp.), H280 Acute Tox. 1 (Inhalation:gas), H330 Skin Corr. 1B, H314 Eye Dam. 1, H318 STOT SE 2, H371|
Nitric oxide requires special care due to its oxidizing nature. Know the hazards and promote education for your patients and medical staff, to avoid safety hazards and create a safe work and living environment.
Related products and services
We provide a full range of products and services to meet your specific needs.
For a personalized search, use our solutions finder tool.
Inhaled nitric oxide (iNO or KINOX™) delivery and monitoring system to protect vulnerable lives.
Oxygen USP gas for oxygen therapy or oxygen enriched airflow.
Portable oxygen tank with high-precision flow dial.
Portable oxygen tank with an intelligent digital flow dial.
Total Gas Management
On-site gas cylinder management for your facility.
- KINOX™ Product Monograph, Air Liquide Healthcare America Corporation, 2016
- Fumito Ichinose: A selective Pulmonary Vasodilator: Current uses and therapeutic potential. Circulation 2004:109:3106-3111.
- The Franco-Belgium Collaborative NO Trial Group. Early compared to delayed inhaled nitric oxide in moderately hypoxemic neonates with respiratory failure: a randomized controlled trial. Lancet 1999:354:1066-1071.
- The Neonatal inhaled Nitric Oxide Study Group. Inhaled nitric oxide in full-term and nearly full-term infants with hypoxic respiratory failure. N Eng J Med 1997: 336: 597-604.
- 5. Clark. R.H et al. Low dose nitric oxide therapy for persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn. NEJM volume 342, number 7.
- Clark. R.H et al. Low dose nitric oxide therapy for persistent pulmonary hypertension: 1 year followup. J Perinatol 2003:23:300-303.
Do you need pricing or more information?
Our team will listen to your needs and answer your questions, to help identify the right equipment and services for your facility.
Talk to us
6990 Creditview Road, Unit 6
Mississauga, ON L5N 8R9
Why choose us
Full-scope medical gases provider
We are involved from production to patient therapy, and know medical gases intimately
You can depend on us to provide you with the right equipment and services to meet your facility's needs
Innovation is our vision: we prioritize quality of care through patient-centric products and services
Ensuring the safety of your patients and staff is our top priority - our emphasis is on safety, compliance and risk management
We are owned by Air Liquide Group, the largest supplier of industrial, medical & specialty gases, found on every continent in the world
Coast-to-coast service network
Our fill plants are widespread to shorten response-time and ensure supply chain reliability
Accreditation and regulation
We help you ensure your facility's medical equipment is serviced and fully compliant with Canadian standards
We supply a complete range of high-quality specialty gases, including mixtures used in specific applications to suit your needs